6.13.2007

The Wall Street Journal freaks out about chiasmus

I rarely read the Journal editorial page, on the advice of my physician, but I see from today's letters page (scroll down) that they freaked out over Congressman Markey using the phrase "Comfort the afflicted, and afflict the comfortable" at the BC Law School graduation.

I mean, we all know that the Journal editorial board is against both those things, but my first thought was that they must have hardly no Catholics up there, because I heard that phrase more than once at my parochial high school -- a place where the only political magazine in the library was National Review.

There's only the paranoid style on that page now, I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya i am fresh to this, I hit upon this chat board I find It positively accessible and it has helped me tons. I hope to contribute and aid other people like it has helped me.

Thanks, Catch You Around.

Anonymous said...

Good Day i am new on here, I stumbled upon this website I find It positively helpful and it has helped me a great deal. I should be able to contribute & support other users like its helped me.

Thank You, See Ya Later

Anonymous said...

Hiya im new on here, I came upon this message board I find It exceedingly useful & it has helped me tons. I hope to give something back & guide others like its helped me.

Thanks, See You Around.