6.02.2007

Terroism is for morons.

Back in the days right after 9/11, when I found myself making sure the windows to my house were locked to keep Al-Qaeda out, I consoled myself with this: you'd have to be pretty stupid to be a terrorist in this country. There's plenty of other things to do with your life here, plus we Americans do walk the pluralistic walk pretty well. To turn to the horrors of terrorism, one must be very depraved or very stupid. I thought this was a rationalization but maybe this think about the JFK plotters confirms it.

Two other notes:

1. Is it possible that our dreadful anything-goes pop culture keeps everyone's brain in a spongelike consistency that's not conducive to terrorism?

2. Apparently there was a pilot someone wrote about an Al-Qaeda sleeper cell in the US that had gone native and no longer wanted to do terrorism, so the show was about their hilarious subterfuges to keep Osama off their backs. I never read it, though -- I can't tell if it's brilliant or stupid.

No comments: