2.10.2007

That's What She Said

Via the NY Times, I found this blog which estimates how much The Office's Michael Scott is costing his company each week. Sample:I’m also going to go out on a limb and say that locking your employees in a conference room is a bad idea. It could lead to a claim of false imprisonment. And because there are no statutory caps (in most states) for this type of claim, I think the company may have to cough up a bunch of money. Truthfully, I’ve never had a case where a manager has locked employees in a conference room. But when I sent a firm wide e-mail around to see if anyone else had, amazingly, there were attorneys who have handled similar claims. They tell me the cases were resolved for some pretty staggering figures.

And the blog comes with its own disclaimer!

No comments: