2.18.2007

Attention urban design nerds

Clueless and Slightly Slack is back, if only for a moment. Here's somebody from LADOT:

"She also cast a skeptical eye on the neighborhood-level orientation of contemporary urban design, and helpfully pointed out that the current planning obsession with getting people out of their cars generally ignores goods movement. (Making streetscapes more attractive from the pedestrian perspective often means making them a royal pain in the ass for delivering merchandise.)
"I'd like to know specifics, in the sense that I'd like the specifics delivered to me, not that I'd like to go discover them myself.

(C&SS also took the bus to this particular conference and was impressed with Metro; I was similarly impressed recently when my car was in the shop. I'm taking the bus to The Grove from now on, the parking there is nutrageous.)

No comments: