1.24.2007

International Reporting

Interesting article. (And probably sub-only.) As a consumer of the LA Times I would hate to see its international reporting dwindle; I think of newspapers as a luxury good, part of the good life, and the idea that I live in a hi-class city and have a cheap newspaper is an unpleasant one. (I grew up on cheap newspapers, and while the letters pages are great, and it's nice to have the school lunch menu and rec softball scores in cold type, but I moved to the city for a little more Sophistication.)

What would satisfy my snob appeal, though, is if the big-city papers like the Globe and the LA Times and such formed their own consortium -- sort of an AP-plus international reporting, for papers whose readership has an appetite for more angles on international issues than the AP etc. can provide.

No comments: