12.05.2006

On my pilot

I'm writing my pilot right now, and this is the good phase, the time when it's mine and not theirs (though I like my producing partners). This is the time where all the various compromises, negotiations, and heartbreaks are off in the distance, theoretical; they're known, but not yet felt. Right now all you feel is pleasure -- and why wouldn't you, when you hear your excellent writing being done full justice by the great actors who live in your head. It's a lovely time.

A few weeks away, probably, lie bitterness and failure, but they can't take this time away from me, and I count myself lucky that I am supposed to get paid for it (a whole different cycle of future compromise-negotation-heartbreak).

And it's only been a couple of months. It's the screenwriters who really have to suffer. That stuff takes years.

No comments: