11.05.2006

Cleaning out my net news wire...

• There's a long Digby post on neocons and how they're full of shit, but the thing that jumped out at me is that they are pussies:Adelman was so happy that he burst into tears at the door of the vice president's residence that Sunday. He hugged Cheney for the first time in the 30 years he had known him.

• Drinking: More on the virtues of Plymouth Gin (although a more Londony gin is better for G&Ts, even a more of-the-people brand like Gordon's).

• Hurry, everyone! Shit up the environment before it's too late!

• A Sunday atheistical sermon:

Yes,I did have an epiphany. I saw with greater clarity than ever before in my life that when I say "Thank goodness!" this is not merely a euphemism for "Thank God!" (We atheists don't believe that there is any God to thank.) I really do mean thank goodness! There is a lot of goodness in this world, and more goodness every day, and this fantastic human-made fabric of excellence is genuinely responsible for the fact that I am alive today. It is a worthy recipient of the gratitude I feel today, and I want to celebrate that fact here and now.

No comments: